Thursday

What Part of Peeping Over My Sunglasses Don't You Understand?





















Barack Hussein Obama tattoo on Amber Adams

Are you reading NEW Looking For America's Dog strips at What Things Do? Have you purchased BOOK 1 yet? THANK YOU.

ATTN COLLECTORS: NEW Barack Hussein Obama pages are On Sale HERE. See also Scott Eder Gallery has a couple of pieces from Book 1

HELP! You can buy Barack Hussein Obama wherever you shop for comics. If you enjoy the book, please encourage others by leaving a rating for it on AmazonGood Reads and/or your favorite Telephone Pole. The campaign never ends!



my favorite photo, by Swamp Titan.

One of DRAWN's "Favourite Comics, Art Books and More of 2012"
Ranked #2 (tie) on Boing-Boing's "Best Damn Comics of the Year" survey

20TH Place: Best Comics of 2012 at Comic Book Resources

QUESTIONS/ANSWERS

for Comics Alliance

at Comic Book Resources

with Ink Studs

or Beneath The Surface (KPFK)

what KPCC

in The Writing Disorder

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

"...astounding and great. Highly recommend this book" Lisa Hanawalt (My Dirty Dumb Eyes)

"befuddling and wry and supremely weird. I loved it!! ..." Ryan Sands (Youth In Decline)


"wow. this is really stupid." Diane Arredondo, Pinterest

THE ONION: Barack Hussein Obama is a strange and frequently very funny book...

PASTE MAGAZINE:  ...weirdly accurate and sympathetic...

Las Vegas Weekly: ...meandering, poetic, almost meditative...

Comic Book Resources: ...Hey, this thing is a work of art...

Los Angeles I'm Yours: ...The work is obviously a Tea Partiers fantasy...

Publishers Weekly: ...one part giddy and three parts puzzled...

Comic Book Slut: ...Barack Hussein Obama. Like a mantra or a curse. Barack Hussein Obama...

Now Read This...Spiky, acerbic, tellingly mundane and captivatingly absurdist...


"BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA is a challenging and idiosyncratic book that describes its subject from a great, absurd, and comic distance. It’s closer to the kind of associative resonance of poetry than what you would expect of a book called BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA..." More by D. Harbin at DRAWN





ALSO available for Digital Download at COMIXOLOGY



JUST IN: Barack Hussein Obama Stinckers!





Thank you for visiting this location and the links presented at right.
PLEASE order Barack Hussein Obama today. It is FOR REAL

What does it mean to live in America today? Barack Hussein Obama is a book about you; your country, your family, your president.

Barack Hussein Obama is not a graphic novel. It’s neither a biography nor an experiment, but a whole, complete reality.  American cartoonist Steven Weissman takes from life the leader of the free world, his friends, his family, his sworn enemies, and gives them new life through this expression of honesty, purity and feeling.

Ao Meng at The Daily Texan writes Immediately attention grabbing… This comic isn’t afraid to get weird and builds humorous private characterizations of these ridiculously public figures."

Kevin Czapiewski from comixcube.com calls Barack Hussein Obama "a beautifully poetic (and haunting) comment on our country’s current situation."

Every American must read Barack Hussein Obama. Everyone else, too.






















"Barack Hussein Obama is brave, smart, humane, exciting and funny." – Bill Kartalopoulos

11 comments:

Owen Schumacher said...

In case your mom never told you, you're a genius. Just so you know.

WEISSMAN said...

My mother knows I'd never buy it, but thanks for the compliment!

thistimewithpanache said...

Are there going to be copies of the new book at the Charles Shulz Museum? I can't wait!

WEISSMAN said...

I don't know. You should come anyway because it's the Schulz museum and that's more than a good enough reason to hang out with me.

Emily said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Emily said...

I just visited the Schulz Museum, Steven! It was so quaint. Let us know immediately when BHO is available for purchase, and I will share the shit out of it.

WEISSMAN said...

you are a True Pal, Emily! I know that you can peddle some influence and I appreciate it.

Owen Schumacher said...

A lot of the reviews coming in use adjectives that came to my mind, as well. Except unlike those jerks at The Onion A.V. Club, I tuned into your blog weekly as it unfolded. I’M HARDCORE, WEISSMAN. Still, I’ve been delinquent in buying the book. Soon to own! Oh, and I should get you to sign my Chubby Cheeks one day. (What a great sentence.)

WEISSMAN said...

not many critics offer the kind of sustained support you do, Owen, and I will always appreciate that!

Get the book and I will make for it the nicest decoration.. THANKS !!

Owen Schumacher said...

Beautiful, sir! Roger that.

Mariam said...

I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Irumole); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
more.